Angie’s Recipe of the Day:PUMPKIN CINNAMON ROLLS
1 cup coconut flour
1 cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
2 tablespoons psyllium husk POWDER
2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup water
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
optional: 1/4 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1.5 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1.5 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 to 1/2 cup coconut sugar, as desired
1. Set the oven to 350 F.
2. Combine the dry ingredients with a whisk. (Don’t skip this step! The psyllium powder will clump together if not properly combined with the flours before adding the wet ingredients.)
3. In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix with an electric mixer.
5. Press the dough together, then lay it on parchment paper. Flour the top lightly, then roll the dough into a rectangle about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
6. Mix together the filling ingredients, then spread the filling onto the dough.
7. Roll the dough fairly tightly, then slice into 8 rolls. Arrange the rolls in a lightly greased dish.
8. Bake for about 30 minutes, then allow to cool to room temperature.
9. Top with glaze.
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup honey
1 cup macadamia nuts (use less for thinner icing)
1 teaspoon vanilla etract
1. Blend glaze ingredients in the blender until completely smooth.